ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Where was Mahavir Swami born?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 235 | Tags: | Add Bounty

Where was Mahavir Swami born?

In Kundagram
In Pataliputra
In Magadha
In Vaishali

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
  • Mahavir Swami was born in Kundagram or Kundalpur (near Vaishali) around 540 BC. Happened in. His mother Trishala was the sister of Chetak, the head of the Lichchavi republic of Vaishali, and his father Siddhartha was the head of the Sangh of Jyatrik Kshatriyas, his elder brother being Nandivardhana.
Some Important Points:
  • There were 24 Tirthankaras in Jainism.
  • Tirthankara means theteacher/guruwho shows the way of liberation from the world or the teacher who shows theway to salvation.
  • Rishabhdev was the first Tirthankara, his symbol wasBull.
  • Mahavir Swami was born in Kundagram (Vaishali) in 540 B.C.
  • His father wasSiddhartha and mother was Trishala Devi.
  • His wife's name was Yashoda and daughter's name wasPriyadarshini.
  • Mahavir Swami attained Kaivalya / supremeknowledge at the age of 42 under the Sal tree on the banks ofriver Rijupalika near Jrambhikgram.
  • He died in Pava in 468 B.C.
  • After the death of Mahavir Swami, Jainism was divided into two parts, Digambara and Shvetambara.
  • The people of Digambara sect live naked and follow the teachings of Mahavir Swami. They do not worship the idol of Mahavir Swami.
  • while the Shvetambars wear white colored clothesand worship Mahavir Swami as a god.
Some additional Points:
  • The existence of gods is accepted in Jainism, but their place is placed below Jin.
  • Jainism accepts the reality of the world but does not accept God as the creator.
  • Like Buddhism, the caste system has been condemned in Jainism.
  • According to Mahavira, one is born in a high or low family according to the merits and sins earned in the previous birth.
  • Jainism believes in reincarnation and karma. According to him, the fruit of karma is the cause of birth and death.
  • Mainly in Jainism, remedies have been told to get freedom from worldly bondages.
  • In Jainism, special emphasis has been laid on non-violence. In this, participation in agriculture and war has been banned.
  • Sallekhna in Jainism means 'renunciation of the body by fasting'.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A sum of money is to be distributed among $A, B, C, D$ in the proportion of $5: 2: 4: 3$. $C$ gets Rs. 1000 more than $D$, what is B's share?

2. The average of 28 numbers 79 . The average of first 14 number is 76 and average of last 15 number is 84 . If 14th number is excluded then what is average of remaining number.

3. The ratio of present age of a brother and a sister is 14:8. Brother is 48 years older than his sister. Then find present age of brother-

4. Monu receives simple interest 5/7 of the principal amount on an amount of Rs.28000 in 15 years from his friend. What is the rate of interest per annum?

5. Direction: Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow by selecting the correct/most appropriate options.Once there was an island where all the feelings and emotions lived togeth

6. Direction: Read the passage given below and then choose the most appropriate word for the given blank spaces.I was thinking to talk about John for quite a time. John was right to ______(1)______ me. I

7. Directions : Select the related word/number from the given alternatives. Today : Day before yesterday :: January :?

8. Direction: Read the passage given below and then choose the most appropriate word for the given blank spaces.I was thinking to talk about John for quite a time. John was right to ______(1)______ me. I

9. Name the British Governor General who started railways in India ?

10. Select the Venn diagram that best illustrates the relationship between the following classes.Pigeon, Bat, Bird