ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sum of money is to be distributed among $A, B, C, D$ in the proportion of $5: 2: 4: 3$. $C$ gets Rs. 1000 more than $D$, what is B's share?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 166 | Tags: | Add Bounty

A sum of money is to be distributed among $A, B, C, D$ in the proportion of $5: 2: 4: 3$. $C$ gets Rs. 1000 more than $D$, what is B's share?

Rs. 500
Rs. 1500
Rs. 2000
None of these

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Let the shares of A, B, C and D be Rs. $5 x$, Rs. $2 x$, Rs. $4 x$ and Rs. $3 x$ respectively
ATQ, $4 x-3 x=1000$
$\Rightarrow x=1000 .$
$\therefore$ B's share $=$ Rs. $2 x=$ Rs. $(2 \times 1000)=$ Rs. 2000

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The average of 28 numbers 79 . The average of first 14 number is 76 and average of last 15 number is 84 . If 14th number is excluded then what is average of remaining number.

2. The ratio of present age of a brother and a sister is 14:8. Brother is 48 years older than his sister. Then find present age of brother-

3. Monu receives simple interest 5/7 of the principal amount on an amount of Rs.28000 in 15 years from his friend. What is the rate of interest per annum?

4. Direction: Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow by selecting the correct/most appropriate options.Once there was an island where all the feelings and emotions lived togeth

5. Direction: Read the passage given below and then choose the most appropriate word for the given blank spaces.I was thinking to talk about John for quite a time. John was right to ______(1)______ me. I

6. Directions : Select the related word/number from the given alternatives. Today : Day before yesterday :: January :?

7. Direction: Read the passage given below and then choose the most appropriate word for the given blank spaces.I was thinking to talk about John for quite a time. John was right to ______(1)______ me. I

8. Name the British Governor General who started railways in India ?

9. Select the Venn diagram that best illustrates the relationship between the following classes.Pigeon, Bat, Bird

10. Direction: Read the passage given below and then choose the most appropriate word for the given blank spaces.The UK's newly _______(1)______ chief post-Brexit negotiator, Liz Truss, said that she woul